1. It takes time to find the right person. It needs to be someone who’s qualified and matches your personality, so you can have them around all day .
2. In-house employees cost you more than their salary!
3. You have to frequently train them, pay for their insurance and when they’re having a bad day/week/month (which is totally reasonable) your business may suffer.
4. You cannot afford someone full-time anyway but you’re overwhelmed with chores, tedious paperwork and a line of projects.
5. You are not willing to spend time on interviewing, hiring and training
If you find yourself thinking those things, then you might want to seriously consider hiring a virtual assistant.